Andy Kitkowski and Ben Lehman join me for this long-overdue overview of Maid: The Role-Playing Game, and our experiences discovering, translating, publishing and playing what wound up being the first Japanese tabletop RPG ever released in English.
- What is Maid RPG?
- Yellow Submarine, one of the major tabletop gaming stores in Japan.
- Ryan Macklin in Tangibility in Mechanics
- A prior YKZ podcast where Jake Richmond mentioned getting punched in the head over Panty Explosion.
- Urusei Yatsura, a classic anime series you need to see.
- Ewen’s Gen Con Indy 2008 photos, including the booth and crazy guys from Kentucky.
- Emma, a fairly serious and historically accurate manga about a maid.
- We shared a booth with Jerry Grayson of Khepera Publishing and Mike Fiegel of Aetherial Forge
- JGC (Japan Game Convention), Japan’s major tabletop gaming con.
- When all is said and done, haters gonna hate.
- After we recorded the podcast I decided to start posting my original Maid RPG material online: Maid RPG 120%.
This podcast uses selections from the song “Time Machine” by To-den from the Grünemusik album of the same name, available for free from Jamendo.com. If you like the song, consider buying some CDs from Nankado’s website or via Jamendo.
Very awesome caricature of Ewen courtesy of the talented C. Ellis.