The Yaruki Zero Games Podcast’s first interview is with Clay Gardner, designer of OVA: Open Versatile Anime. In this interview Clay shares his insights on the game’s development and publication, as well as his experiences interacting with the fans and his future plans for the game.
- OVA is available in PDF form from RPGNow.
- R. Talsorian Games did lots of anime games, and V-Max magazine.
- Clay’s first favorite anime: Record of the Lodoss War
- Battlemaster High, the freeform RPG thing that was the original inspiration for OVA’s system.
- Dream Pod 9‘s Silhouette System was another influence.
- OVA’s artists include Svetlana Chmakova, Dupuy J. Dee, Niko Geyer, Kelly Hamilton, Min Kwon, Lina, Chihiro Milley, Diane Michie Neill, George Panella, Allie Strom, Elly Susanto, and Hans Tseng
- OVA has some errata. Check here for info on the upcoming revised version.
- Infernal Funhouse’s RandomAnime.
The next episode, #3½, will be a reading of the first chapter of Slime Story: The Legend of Doug, the novel I’ve been working on based in the same setting as the RPG of the same name.