On Sunday, September 1st I’m going to have a table at SF Zine Fest, a small zine event held at the County Fair Building at Golden Gate Park. If you’re into that kind of thing, come check it out! It’s a pretty neat event, and I recommend checking it out (or whatever zine events there might be in your neck of the woods) if you get a chance regardless of whether I’m there.
I was able to finish a total of four new zines in time for SFZF. I’ll be making them available through Etsy and itch.io not too long after.
- Things I’ve Seen Contracting at Tech Companies: No shocking revelations or anything, but a collection of weird events and imagery I’ve witnessed while working contract jobs at Silicon Valley tech companies.
- aromantic: I don’t usually talk about it a lot, but I’m aromantic (meaning I don’t experience romantic attraction), and I decided to write a short zine about what that means to me.
- Kagegami High Student Handbook: An excerpt from Kagegami High that you can use to introduce people to the setting or just read for the fun of it I guess.
- My Grandpa’s Poems: My grandfather, Robert W. Cluney, was an appliance repairman, and in retirement he did a lot of painting and a fair amount of writing. I put together a small collection of some of my favorite poems of his.
I’m also bringing all of my previous zines, plus a few other things!
- Kagegami High
- The Dungeon Zone
- Magical Fury
- Five-Card Fictions
- Melancholy Kaiju
- All That Glitters is Palladium
- Small Company Big Mess
- Ewen’s Tables Zine
- Bizarre & Adventure
- Cats I Have Known
- Choose Your Own Homura
- Conservapedia is Extremely Weird
I also randomly got inspired to start making T-shirt designs to put up on sale at Threadless. I’m calling my shop there the “Yaruki Zero Games Merch Store,” but it’s kind of a mixture of stuff related to my games and attempts at weird humor.