In the second half of my discussion of Japanese RPGs with Andy Kitkowski, we talk about indie/doujin TRPGs, some neat games we’ve seen, and localization issues. Also, for whatever reason the mp3 file worked out to be precisely 40 minutes.
Yaruki Zero Podcast #4 (40 minutes)
- Comiket is a massive convention for selling fan-made comics and such.
- Tsugihagi Honbo, Ryo Kamia’s doujin circle. Sunset Games, his original publisher.
- Flowers is an adaptation of the Touhou series. Here’s the dice they made.
- Gundog, a modern action game.
- Silver Rain
- Meikyuu Kingdom
- Yuuyake Koyake, another game by the designer of Maid RPG.
Next time I’ll be joined by my longtime friend Jon Baumgarder to talk about marketing for small-press/indie RPGs and to anime fans.
Andy and I will definitely be talking about Japanese RPGs more in the future, so please feel free to let me know about any other topics you might want to hear more about.
This podcast uses selections from the song “Click Click” by Grünemusik, available for free from Jamendo.com. If you like the song, consider buying some CDs from Nankado’s website.