In the second half of my discussion of Japanese RPGs with Andy Kitkowski, we talk about indie/doujin TRPGs, some neat games we’ve seen, and localization issues. Also, for whatever reason the mp3 file worked out to be precisely 40 minutes.
- Comiket is a massive convention for selling fan-made comics and such.
- Tsugihagi Honbo, Ryo Kamia’s doujin circle. Sunset Games, his original publisher.
- Flowers is an adaptation of the Touhou series. Here’s the dice they made.
- Gundog, a modern action game.
- Silver Rain
- Meikyuu Kingdom
- Yuuyake Koyake, another game by the designer of Maid RPG.
Next time I’ll be joined by my longtime friend Jon Baumgarder to talk about marketing for small-press/indie RPGs and to anime fans.
Andy and I will definitely be talking about Japanese RPGs more in the future, so please feel free to let me know about any other topics you might want to hear more about.