Ewen talks to himself about the relationship between Japanese animation and role-playing games at length. What do people mean when they say “anime” in the first place? What kinds of anime RPGs already exist, and what kinds could exist?
2. Perceptions of Anime
3. The BESM Paradigm
4. “System Does Matter” and Anime
5. Anime Fans and RPG Fans
6. Closing Comments
- Avatar: The Last Airbender
- Anime cons include gothic lolita, Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls, etc.
- Comiket, Japan’s largest doujinshi event.
- Other anime RPGs: OVA, RandomAnime, Tinker’s Damn
- BESM 1st Edition. Mark C. MacKinnon is a huge Amber Diceless Roleplaying fan.
- The UnSpeakable Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
- The Arianrhod RPG from F.E.A.R.
- Anime-inspired indie RPGs: Panty Explosion, Bliss Stage, Bounty Head Bebop, Misery Bubblegum, Seiyuu
- Dramacon by Svetlana Chmakova, Scott Pilgrim, by Bryan Lee O’Malley
The next episode will be an interview with Clay Gardner, creator of OVA: Open Versatile Anime.