In this episode I’m joined by Jake Richmond–one of the designers of Panty Explosion and other great games–to discuss anime fans as a potential market for RPGs. We discuss our experiences running games at anime conventions (particularly his experiences at Kumoricon in Portland, Oregon), and how best to design games that can appeal to anime fans.
- See games by Jake (and Matt and Nick!) at the Atarashi Games website
- Jake Richmond Interview on Geekorner Part 1 and Part 2
- Kumoricon, a local anime con in Portland, Oregon
- GameStorm, a local gaming con in Washington.
- Go Play Northwest
- High School Debut, one of Jake’s favorite manga.
- Tales from the Floating Vagabond
- Mike Holmes talks (rants) about combat systems and photographers.
- Playtest doc for Ewen’s Azumanga Daioh-inspired Raspberry Heaven game.
- SaiKano (Saishuu Heiki Kanojo/She, The Ultimate Weapon)
Very awesome caricature of Ewen courtesy of the talented C. Ellis.