In this episode I’m joined again by my friend Jon Baumgardner to talk about Blue Ocean Strategy and how it might be applied to designing and marketing small-press RPGs.
- What is Blue Ocean Strategy?
- Tom Peters
- Red Ocean vs. Blue Ocean; existing vs. untapped market space.
- Joe Pine & Jim Gilmore
- Blue Ocean Thoughts: Sell Me On…, a post from this blog on “fair process.”
- Serial Homicide Unit (and the mp3 demo)
- D&D Podcast on WotC’s structure for selling miniatures, an example of Dungeon Tiles, and the Dungeon Delve supplement that explicitly references Dungeon Tiles.
- Disposable Heroes paper miniatures from Precis Intermedia
- Joe McDonald’s Ribbon Drive
- Evil Hat’s PDF Policy, and the episode of That’s How We Roll where Fred talks about his views on PDFs.